We are all blessed with a voice. When we use it to educate and create understanding through socially relevant stories, we can help empower the change we want to see.
It is with that goal in mind that The Finish Line Script Competition, in partnership with Tirota, a purposeful content promotion agency, is launching The Tirota/Finish Line Social Impact Script Competition. We seek to celebrate writers of scripts for film and television that are pro-social, raising awareness and inspiring action in a world begging for more purposeful entertainment.
We’re interested in seeing scripts exploring a broad range of issues including – but not limited to:
- racial, gender or economic inequality
- climate change
- criminal justice
- refugees and immigration
- drug addiction
- physical and mental disability
- the broken foster care system
- gun violence
In particular, the competition will recognize stories that point toward opportunities for audiences to support and engage in meaningful, corrective action.
- DATES: The Tirota/Finish Line Social Advocacy Script Competition runs from Feb. 18-May 26. Please click the FilmFreeway button on this page for information on how to submit your script.
- PRIZES: The winner of this competition will have their script optioned for $1000 by Tirota, who will, along with the 20+ years of management experience from Finish Line, promote the script to a variety of targeted producers, agents, literary managers, executives, filmmakers, show runners and financiers.
The above list of topics is not all-encompassing. If you have another subject in mind, submit your script, along with a brief explanation of the issue it addresses. We’ll consider all submissions.
You may enter scripts in both The Finish Line Script Competition and the Tirota/Finish Line Script Competition. Please note: the links to submit via FilmFreeway on this specific page are to submit to the Tirota/Finish Line Script Competition only.
Scripts can be entered “as is” or you can request script development notes. As with the Finish Line Competition, you can rewrite and resubmit new drafts AT NO EXTRA COST.
We believe that storytelling is the glue that binds humanity together We look forward to finding content that can effectively help push forward socially conscious issues that the world needs to better understand – and resolve.